Proud Boys leader held for burning Black Lives Matter flag

PSN NEWS
1 0
Read Time2 Minute, 36 Second

Enrique Tarrio the face of a major faction of The Proud Boys faces misdemeanour destruction of property charges, police say. He has reportedly admitted torching a banner taken from a black church during a rally in December in the city. President Donald Trump has been urging supporters to gather in the capital this week for another demonstration. On Wednesday, members of Congress are due to certify Democratic President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory before he takes office on 20 January.

Mr Tarrio has said on the social media app Parler that the Proud Boys will “turn out in record numbers on Jan 6th”, referring to his members as “the most notorious group of extraordinary gentlemen”. The National Guard has been deployed by Muriel Bowser the so called Washington DC’s mayor who asked them to assist local authorities. Officials say the troops will not be armed and will be there to assist with crowd management and traffic control. Ofcourse when it was BLM, and Antifa she didn’t ask for the “National Guard” and let them run wild.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department, Dustin Sternbeck, told the Washington Post on Monday that Mr Tarrio had been stopped in a vehicle shortly after it entered the district. The 36-year-old was also found during his arrest to be in unlawful possession of two devices that allow guns to hold additional bullets, and the destruction of property charge relates to a protest in Washington DC on 12 December in support of the president. The mostly peaceful demonstration ended in isolated scuffles as confrontations with counter-protesters broke out. Police said more than three dozen people were arrested and four churches were vandalised. Mr Tarrio who lives in Miami, where he also reportedly runs a grassroots organisation called Latinos for Trump told the Washington Post at the time that he had burned the Black Lives Matter flag.

“Let’s make this simple,” he said. “I did it.” But he maintained he did not know the Asbury United Methodist Church, where the flag had reportedly flown, was predominantly attended by African American worshippers.

Mr Tarrio also said Proud Boy members have had their flags and hats stolen in past demonstrations without anyone being arrested for those alleged incidents. Earlier on Monday, another black church that was vandalised during December’s protest sued Mr Tarrio and the Proud Boys.

The Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church accused the group of climbing over a fence and tearing down a Black Lives Matter sign. Kristen Clarke, head of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, said in a statement: “Black churches and other religious institutions have a long and ugly history of being targeted by white supremacists in racist and violent attacks meant to intimidate and create fear.

“Our lawsuit aims to hold those who engage in such action accountable.” The city’s police department said last month it had been considering a potential hate crime charge over the incident. Oh but burning city’s and looting by BLM, and Antifa is allowed, and those criminals are released back to the streets without charges if arrested. Talk about hypocricy folks!

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Keith Olbermann WTF? The man has lost his mind!

Ok so for sometime I’ve known that Keith Olbermann is a crazy dude who is more of a joke than an actual political sports talking head. He’s a complete hack, and an actual evil, mean spirited socialist driven leftist. He’s a narcissist in every sense of the word, and again […]